Call for application for FY 2015-2018 Postdoctoral Research
Groundwater Simulation Laboratory (GSL), led by Dr. Tai-Sheng Liou, is a research laboratory that targets on the mechanistic understanding of fluid flow and solute transport phenomena in discrete fracture networks. Using analytical solutions and numerical simulations, Dr. Liou has applied his expertise in the fields of final disposal of spent nuclear fuels, numerical simulations of discrete fracture network, and geological carbon sequestration.
GSL is now accepting application for Postdoctoral Research for FY 2015-2018. The successful candidate will be assigned to implement a three-year research project related to the final disposal of spent nuclear fuels. Young geoscientists who have broad experience in groundwater hydrology and numerical simulation are welcomed. Particularly, applicants who have solid background in fractured rock hydrology and numerical simulation are preferred. The contract can be renewed for up to three years depending on the results of an annual evaluation made prior to the end of the current contract year. During the term of appointment, the employed postdoc shall comply with the service regulations stipulated by the principal investigator and the National Chung Cheng University.
1. Applicants who already have a Ph.D. degree in geosciences.
2. Ph. D candidates in geosciences who are expected to be graduated before April 2015. A signed letter of approval of graduation from the thesis advisor is needed.
Salary and benefits:
1. The salary standard will follow the regulation set by Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology. For the initial employment, a monthly salary of NT$60,049 will be granted, including health insurance and contribution benefits. In addition, a bonus up to 1.5 monthly salary will be issued annually before the Chinese Lunar New Year. The salary will be increased annually by 2.5%.
2. Days off from work include Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays, and Chinese Lunar New Year holidays. Other day-offs will follow the regulations stipulated by National Chung Cheng University.
1. Curriculum vitae
2. A copy of the Ph. D. degree credential or letter of approval of graduation
3. Reprints of no more than three representative papers
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Contact information
Please submit the above materials to Dr. Liou at firstname.lastname@example.org before Apr. 30, 2015. Please use the email title: “PostDoc application – your name”
Feb 04 2015 by 地球與環境科學系